Individual Treatment Planning
APEX follows best practices in developing individual treatment plans for all of our patients. Treatment plans are as unique as the individuals themselves, and our therapists have decades of experience in designing programs that cater to each patient’s specific needs. Our individual treatment plans are used for initial and end-of-treatment assessments and clearly outline the goals, anticipated timeframe and risks to effective treatment and recovery.
For recovering addicts, reclaiming their life and embracing sobriety as a way of life cannot be accomplished quickly or easily. It takes strong commitment for a long time to come, if not their whole life. To help them on their way to reaching health and balance, only personalized treatment plans can help.
Millions of individuals across the nation enter rehabilitation every year. Even though all addictions have a lack of control in common, there are differences in how they affect the user. Those who abuse alcohol have different health issues from those who abuse cocaine or meth, for example.
No two users are the same. Even though they can have some similar reasons or factors that brought them to addiction, the combination of those reasons, factors and their life conditions is unique. Some people suffer from comorbid mental illnesses, some have a family history of addiction, while others slowly slipped into addiction after a prolonged use of alcohol or a drug. There are many more emotional, mental and social factors at play, but there’s generally a mix of mutually interactive factors involved.
In any case, acknowledging that every patient is specific is a precondition for maximizing the success of the rehabilitation process. APEX Rehab assigns every patient a treatment coordinator and the individual treatment plans are designed through collaboration of staff professionals. The plans are intended to systematize the process, direct it and bring into clear focus what is important.
Our treatments make use of supervised medication therapy, counseling, psychotherapy, nutrition programs, recreation plans and outings, holistic healing, alternative treatments such as acupressure and alternative therapies like art and music. Each of these approaches brings its own benefits to the recovery process and the positive effects of one approach improve the results of others.
There are some principles on which we base our treatment plans. These principles have been widely accepted as a norm for contemporary addiction treatment centers in San Diego:
· Addiction is a complex condition that has a profound impact on our brains and perceptions.
· Recovery should make use of multiple complementary approaches to ensure the best results.
· The treatment must address all aspects of the individual – the mind, the body and spirit. In other words, it must cater to the patient’s mental, emotional and physical needs.
· Treatment plans must be monitored and modified so that they take into account the changing needs of the patient.
· Medication is used if and when necessary.
· Dually diagnosed patients must be treated simultaneously for their mental health disorders and their addiction issues.
· Random drug testing fosters trust and encourages abstinence.
· Detoxification must be carried out under the constant supervision of a physician. And it is only the beginning of a successful recovery process.
Individual Treatment Planning