Societal pressures can put a lot of unnecessary stress on men. Thankfully, there is more of a focus on the importance of mental health in our society today. The state of one’s mental health can be directly connected to substance abuse or past traumas. A co-occuring mental health and substance use disorder can be best managed at a treatment facility that offers dual diagnosis treatment as part of a men’s rehab program. The key is in tailoring your treatment program to your individual needs in a gender-specific format. Eliminating the distraction of the opposite sex can make the treatment experience run much more smoothly for many men.
Don’t wait to get the treatment you need. Make it a priority to contact our treatment team today and learn more about men’s rehab addiction treatment programs in California.
What Is a Men’s Rehab Program?
A men’s rehab program is designed to treat men in a gender-specific format so that therapies can be catered specifically to the needs of men. There are societal expectations that can affect how they view their own addiction and how comfortable they are in seeking treatment.
Men are typically seen in a position of strength, and admitting to an addiction or mental health issue can be viewed as a weakness in their own mind as well as from society’s view. Being able to have a treatment experience where you engage in therapies alongside other men—administered by male practitioners—can be very beneficial.
Benefits of a men’s rehab program include:
- Less chance of distraction – A men’s rehab program allows clients to fully focus on their recovery without worrying about what members of the opposite sex sitting next to them might think.
- Gender-specific care – Treatment can be catered for male and female clients respectively so that participating in treatment and therapy feels more relatable.
- Support of peers – Being among men who are going through a similar experience, in a group comprised only of men, and led by male counselors, makes men feel more comfortable sharing and learning.
Men’s Rehab Program in California
Tailoring treatment allows the most personalized approach. So, in addition to gender-specific programming, each client in a men’s rehab program works with a counselor to fully customize their treatment plan utilizing a variety of therapies available to them. This holistic approach addresses the unique needs of each person and teaches clients how to manage their disorders after they leave treatment in order to prevent a relapse.
Therapies at Apex Recovery San Diego include:
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Anger management
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Motivational interviewing
- Music therapy
- Relapse prevention therapy
- Trauma therapy
- Rational emotive behavior therapy (REBT)
Call On Apex Recovery San Diego For Men’s Treatment Programs
At Apex Recovery San Diego, we offer a variety of programs so that each of our clients gets the treatment they need for their challenges and needs. Our treatment team strives to ensure a safe and effective recovery for each individual.
Treatment programs at Apex Recovery San Diego include:
- Aftercare program
- Alcohol addiction rehab program
- Benzo addiction rehab program
- Cocaine addiction rehab program
- Co-occurring disorder treatment
- Fentanyl rehab program
- Heroin rehab program
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
- Outpatient program
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Meth addiction rehab program
- Men’s rehab program
- Women’s rehab program
- Opioid/opiate addiction rehab program
- Prescription drug rehab program
- Alumni program
The road to recovery is never easy. So having the support of a compassionate and experienced care team, as well as like-minded peers, can make a huge difference in the success of one’s treatment and recovery. Contact the treatment team at Apex Recovery San Diego at 619.458.3435 today to learn more about your treatment options in California.