Apex Recovery San Diego offers a veterans treatment program that can help members of this population get the care and support they need to recover from addiction. Call 619.458.3435 today to learn more about our rehab programs and services.
This page will go into more detail about some of the help we can provide veterans who are struggling with substance abuse and mental health, some of the ways you can cover the cost of veteran rehab, and how to get help today.
Veteran Addiction and Mental Health
Veterans are a population that is at greater risk of developing substance abuse and addiction compared to the general population. This is due to various factors, such as being exposed to high-stress environments or having easy access to drugs and alcohol.
Addiction can be an especially difficult issue for veterans since it often goes hand in hand with other mental health issues such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Unfortunately, this can make it even more challenging for veterans to reach out and access the help they need in order to overcome addiction.
Veteran Rehab at Apex Recovery San Diego
In addition to free evaluations, Apex Recovery San Diego offers access to professional veterans addiction help, including alcohol and drug rehab. Military service members commonly drink alcohol during their deployments. Although the Department of Defense has strict rules on alcohol use, service members may engage in binge drinking, which can affect their ability to fulfill their duties. It can also cause problems in relationships and financial and legal challenges.
We offer addiction recovery services that include:
- Comprehensive and effective veterans addiction rehab programs for alcohol and drugs
- Treatment with medication to help recover from drug and alcohol abuse and to aid in preventative health strategies
- A psychiatric assessment and medication consultation to address co-occurring issues like bipolar disorder, anxiety, or depression
- A holistic approach to treatment that helps with healing and provides access to available addiction and recovery therapies
Apex Recovery San Diego stands out from other veterans addiction treatment centers in that we combine addiction recovery with trauma recovery and address co-occurring disorders as well. For example, veterans with PTSD are more likely to face addiction, and individuals with intense anxiety often self-medicate with alcohol and/or illicit substances. Our integrative approach to treatment is designed to help them deal with their chemical dependencies and psychological health.
Apex Recovery Mission Support (A.R.M.S)
The Apex Recovery Mission Support (A.R.M.S) team specializes in assisting service members, Veterans, First Responders, and their family members in finding the programming that best meets their needs. ARMS Resource Coordinators have access to a nationwide network of TRICARE-approved and Veterans Affairs Community Care Network (VA CCN)-contracted facilities that offer a full continuum of behavioral health programming.
Our programming includes multiple levels of care that are designed to treat the whole person and prepare them for their next step.
Veteran Health Issues We Address
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Military Sexual Trauma (MST)
- Complex Trauma
- Acute Mental Health Disorders
- Dual Diagnosis
- Survivors Guilt
Insurance Coverage for Veteran Rehab
As a Community Care provider with TriWest Healthcare Alliance, Apex Recovery believes addiction recovery should be accessible to all Veterans. In addition to TriWest health insurance, we may accept other forms of health insurance to cover veteran rehab expenses.
To learn more about your specific coverage for veteran treatment, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card, or alternatively you can call us at 619.458.3435.
The Importance of Rehab for Veterans
- Addiction treatment programs for veterans are an important and beneficial resource, as they provide specialized care to those who have served their country. Such programs offer a variety of services tailored to the unique needs of veterans, including individualized treatment plans and comprehensive support during recovery.
- These programs also focus on helping veterans reintegrate into civilian life, providing resources such as job training and placement assistance. Additionally, many addiction treatment centers for veterans collaborate with local employers to create employment opportunities for program participants. These types of partnerships can be incredibly beneficial for both parties – employers gain qualified employees while former service members find meaningful work that helps them regain stability in their lives.
- Addiction treatment centers also work with community organizations to provide additional support services such as housing assistance and mental health counseling. This kind of comprehensive approach to recovery helps veterans build a strong foundation for long-term success in overcoming addiction.
Getting Veteran Rehab in San Diego With Apex Recovery
Apex Recovery strives to help by offering addiction treatment as well as free veterans psych evaluations. Assessments are conducted by our trained, licensed clinical staff, who can diagnose addiction and other issues and provide access to our wide range of outpatient and inpatient treatment programs in San Diego. Call 619.458.3435 or fill out our short online contact form to get started.