- Individual Therapy – Apex Recovery offers individual therapy sessions at all levels of care with trained masters level clinicians. Psychotherapy is used as an adjunct therapy to treat all forms of mental illness, to change negative thought patterns and to help clients set and reach goals related to their treatment and recovery. We find that one-on-one counseling between APEX therapists and our clients provides a very necessary resource and solid relationship to help clients see beyond their illness and forge a smoother path to recovery than they would without psychotherapy. Your individual therapist will work directly with you to assess emotional regulations, identify underlying causes for addiction and to develop a relapse prevention plan that is unique to your needs
- Group Therapy – Group therapy is a proven technique for helping individuals struggling with addiction. While addressing personal and painful experiences in a group setting may feel scary or provoke anxiety, it is a helpful aspect of recovery. Group therapy provides an opportunity to share openly and connect with others with similar struggles, helping participants feel connected and develop close and meaningful relationships. The group context assists clients in developing communication skills, setting boundaries and improving social skills through the support of our therapists. With the guidance and directive of APEX Recovery’s clinically trained staff, participants are encouraged to provide feedback to one another, which is a critical step in building insight and motivation.
- Art Therapy – Art therapy involves the creation of art in order to increase awareness of self and others. This in turn may promote personal development, increase coping skills, and enhance cognitive function. Opportunities to explore the creative process of making art to improve physical, mental and emotional well-being are provided.
- Rock to Recovery – Music is a powerful tool, proven to help soothe the soul. For someone in recovery, learning to have clean and sober fun, feeling a part of, connecting to a group, and quieting the mind are keys to a successful new life. Participants create a “band” through writing and recording songs together with Rock to Recovery’s staff of professional musicians, who are also in recovery. Opportunities to vent emotions by writing lyrics and singing together for release, in real-time while tying in a positive theme of hope in recovery throughout the entire process are provided.
- Radical Alive – Clients are provided a safe place to express intense emotions, while learning to face feelings they used drugs and alcohol to escape in the past. Clients engage in movement and energization exercises that were specifically developed to unlock feelings of anger, sadness, fear and joy. Clients learn to support and challenge each other to create a new sense of hope for a clean and sober life.
- Massage – For the average adult, there are numerous benefits of massage therapy. For the patient recovering from addiction, these benefits are multiplied. Offering more than just relaxation, massage therapy can go a long way in helping a patient heal from their addictions. Our certified massage therapist brings years of experience in alternative treatment methods to our patients. Massage has been proven to aid the body in detoxification and help to alleviate anxiety and depression. These therapies also reduce stress, which is a key component to successful recovery. Patients who do not address stress as part of their treatment are more likely to abuse again, in the hopes of easing those thoughts and feelings.
Massage therapy will be used strategically by our massage specialists to improve the blood flow, boost the immune system, exfoliate the skin and aid the body in getting rid of toxins.
Massage therapy doesn’t only alleviate physical pain – it can also relieve emotional pain. Emotional pain is stored in the body. Stresses and traumatic experiences almost invariably cause muscles to contract and harden, turning the body into an armor that protects the fragile and vulnerable inner self. When that happens, energy cannot flow freely and if that perpetuates, health issues arise. With these alternative practices, the individual can get in touch with the wounded parts of themselves and work through the pain to heal. That also makes the individual more aware and engaged in counseling and psychotherapy.
- Gym – At Apex, we believe physical well-being goes hand in hand with mental well-being to achieve a successful sobriety. With that in mind, we provide to each client a gym membership during their stay in our residential treatment facility.
- Physician – Apex offers weekly visits with an ASAM certified Addiction physician, physician assistant and psychiatrists. Addictions of all kinds leave a mark, temporary or permanent, on the body. The chemicals abused rewire the brain’s mechanisms for producing the feelings of calm, pleasure and joy, but they also impair physical health. Alcohol and substances increase blood pressure and pulse rate and they can also damage internal organs. Indirectly, the abuse has a detrimental effect on the body metabolism, because a typical addict will lead a life that revolves around obtaining the substance and completely disregard proper nutrition, sleep and exercise. Recognizing the relationship between physical health and emotional well-being and sobriety maintenance, APEX Recovery supports you in rebuilding your physical well-being.
- Trauma Release Exercises (TRE) – Clients participate in a group exercise specifically designed to elicit the natural healing processes that are genetically encoded in the human body.