Getting quality support and determining what level of care is needed can be tough, but rest assured that reputable and reliable assistance is readily available. Call Apex Recovery San Diego today at 619.458.3435 or reach out online to learn more about our range of services. These include inpatient, partial hospitalization, outpatient, and intensive outpatient programs. Let’s learn more about and rehab programs and intensive outpatient programs specifically.
How to Determine Whether Intensive Outpatient Treatment is the Best Level of Care for You
To determine whether intensive outpatient treatment is right for you, first compare it to other levels of care. Here is a basic breakdown from most intensive to least intensive to help you begin this process:
- Inpatient or residential treatment: During this most intensive option, clients live at a rehab center, usually for a period of 30, 60, or 90 days. The specific length depends on individual client treatment plans. Inpatient treatment begins with substance detox under medical care to ensure it’s safe and as comfortable as possible. Clients then engage in a variety of recovery programming and preparation for resuming everyday life. Throughout the process, clients receive care and supervision 24/7.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): PHPs are great for clients who’ve completed an inpatient program but are not yet stable enough to be fully independent. They may require additional detox services and benefit from a high level of accountability and supervision. In a PHP, which typically lasts 5–6 weeks, clients live at home but attend sessions at a treatment facility. These occur about five days a week for periods of about 4–8 hours per day.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): This level of care typically lasts 8–12 weeks. It requires clients to attend onsite appointments 3–5 days per week for 2–5 hours per day. Evening or weekend appointments may be available to allow clients to return to work or school during the day.
- Outpatient: This care level typically lasts 8–16 weeks. Clients commit to just 1–2 treatment days per week at 1–2 hours each. Outpatient treatment is a great final step in aftercare, following a more intensive treatment program. It supports clients’ long-term sobriety while they resume most everyday activities.
What to Expect From Our Intensive Outpatient Program in San Diego
If an IOP is the right choice for you or your loved one, there are many benefits to consider. Firstly, as long as the client is relatively stable and unlikely to relapse, this option can greatly improve their life by allowing them to reintegrate into their everyday activities. Resuming work, for example, can be a game-changer for clients whose earnings substantially contribute to their household income. Moreover, for clients who are parents or caregivers, getting back to some of these responsibilities often benefits everyone in the household immensely.
In addition, IOPs continue to deliver a high level of care. Services generally include group therapy, drug and alcohol counseling, individual psychotherapy, and addiction medicine services if needed. In substance use disorder treatment, individual therapy is often the lynchpin of success in the long term. Therefore, programs like Apex Recovery San Diego’s that offer a range of evidence-based approaches can be highly effective. At our center, we can offer clients all of the following individual therapy approaches:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Hypnosis Therapy
- Trauma Therapy, including EMDR
- Hypnosis therapy